4 hour Live Dermaplaning Course
Format(s): In person only
Locations: Scottsdale, and Boston
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (commonly called peach fuzz). The art and technique of dermaplaning/epidermal leveling utilizes a surgical blade to perform this procedure on the face. Although it has been used for many years, many estheticians, nurses and other skin care professionals haven’t been trained in how to properly perform this popular and profitable procedure.
Dermaplaning is also one of the best add on services in the medical spa industry. We often find our self redistricted in the the add on area due to various contraindications between services. Removing epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers. Physicians may recommend this treatment to prepare the skin for medical procedures such as laser treatments or deep chemical peels. It also may be used by estheticians to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels or before a cleansing facial. Below is a list of services Dermaplaning is great to do prior to:
- Laser Hair Reduction: If you’re going to remove the hair from the face with a laser and it has to be shaved first anyways, you might as well take advantage of the mild exfoliation you will get from dermaplaning.
- Photofacials: It will help exfoliate the dead skin cells and provide a better penetration of the light and therefore provide a more aggressive treatment.
- Microneedling: This is a great add on to provide a little bit more aggressive treatment, and also get rid of the vellus hairs.
- Chemical peels: Some people like to perform the dermaplaning before the chemical peel so the chemicals will penetrate better. There is another school of thought that says to do the chemical peel first and see how reactive the skin is, and then decide whether or not to dermaplane.
This 4 hour interactive dermaplaning course power point lecture/ theory seminar includes an in-depth demonstration, as well as hands-on practical/practice.
Additionally, attendees receive a Dermaplaning Course Kit ($100 value) consisting of:
• 20 sterile surgical steel blades
• 1 surgical steel blade holder
• 1 safety blade remover
• 1 hard case
Attendees will be given hands on opportunities to perform and receive this procedure. Students will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
PREREQUISITE: There is no prerequisite for this course.